- Facilitated Equine Experiential Learning
Horse Spirit Connections founded the FEEL (Facilitated Equine Experiential Learning) Certification Program in 2008. FEEL is a leading-edge modality for developing human potential. Participants learn to create a horse-centered, experiential learning environment that supports personal growth. Throughout the training, prospective FEEL facilitators gain self-knowledge and acquire skills and experience to develop their own FEEL programs where horses are valued for their roles as teachers and therapists.
This comprehensive training program is suitable for coaches, educators, facilitators, equine professionals, wellness practitioners, and other individuals who are looking for practical training and experience in developing Facilitated Equine Experiential Learning programs in the expanding field of Equine guided healing.
Participants discover their unique gifts and innate talents as they find their niche in this emerging field.
This is a new and exciting career path for wellness professionals
Certification provides national recognition, consumer confidence, and increases the marketability of your own FEEL programs.
Small class sizes impart personal attention. Experienced professionals share their extensive knowledge and expert skills.
The trainings provides direct experience with the horses who will act as your guides and mentors throughout the process.
Applicants receive ongoing mentoring as needed both throughout the program and following completion of the certification process.
At the conclusion of the program, become eligible to join our growing number of graduates in the FEEL Alumni Association.
The FEEL Certification Program is six months in duration. It consists of sixteen days of on-site instruction spread over three sessions. Many dynamic teachers, with an incredible array of knowledge, are present to support the journey.
During the six months, there will be individual and group assignments integral to a deeper understanding and first hand experience of this new modality. In between program sessions the participants are required to practice and complete assigned horse related activities and log their experiences. A program mentor is assigned to each participant for the duration of their training.
Focus of Training:
The Horse – Fresh Insights
• The nature of horses
• Horse communication
• Understanding herd behaviour
• Wellness of the horse – physical, emotional and spiritual
• Safety considerations
• Assisting horses to develop necessary skills
• Creating an effective herd
• Conducive facilities
The Horse as Your Partner
• The art and dance of relationship
• Reading the horse’s feedback
• Fostering spiritual connection
• Empowering horses
• Experiencing the horse as teacher and guide
• Creating moments of connection
• Learning to reawaken your intuition
• Exploring and listening to ‘gut’ feelings
• Understanding the dynamics of energy
• Increasing self awareness
• Understanding and holding intention
• Deepening the horse/human connection
• Honouring the spirit and voice of the horse
• Fostering spiritual connection with the horses
• Expanding consciousness through Shamanic tools
• Awakening a deeper sense of personal purpose
• Expanded self confidence
• Heart based leadership
• Authentic expression and self realization
• Acquire emotional agility
• Increased observational abilities
• Deeper listening skills
• Create and hold a safe container for learning, sharing, and healing
• Learn effective facilitation skills for all equine interactions
• Refine your feedback skills
• Work with group dynamics
• Facilitate private sessions
• Run a FEEL workshop
• Understand ethical practices
• Differentiate between FEEL and EFP (Equine Facilitated Psychotherapy)
• Understand diverse learning styles
• Enhance experiences with expressive art activities
Horse Based Activities
• Learning theories and practices relevant to FEEL
• Honing communication skills to create an effective session
• Developing individual skills and competency
• Co-creating the dance between the horse, client and facilitator
• Knowing when to choose what exercise
• Designing program curriculums
• Marketing know-how specific to FEEL
• Entrepreneurial guidance
• Designing a business plan just right for you
• Embodying your vision
• Program design and implementation
The FEEL Certification program will help prepare participants to facilitate horse activities in a way that optimizes the abilities, emotional well-being, and empowerment of both the horse and the human. The horses assist participants in learning the power and strength of non-verbal communication. This is a profound journey of teaching, learning and understanding.
We are dedicated to your success. All graduates receive FREE ongoing mentoring, if requested, in all aspects of a successful FEEL practice following their conclusion of the program.
At the first Annual FEEL Reunion, the decision was unanimous to form a FEEL alumni association where all graduates are invited to join and have a forum to share successes, learning’s, and insights. A FEEL Association website will be an invaluable marketing tool as well as an open forum for FEEL Facilitators.
• Participants should own their own horse(s) or have access to a horse in order to practice throughout the training period. Horses may be leased at Horse Spirit Connections.
• Applicants who do not have existing proficient horse handling and caring skills should be prepared to take additional learning courses and should not expect to become competent to work alone within the six month period. We recommend working with a co facilitator who has the horse experience until such time the applicable skills are developed.
• To experience this work first hand, we strongly recommend applicants attend a FEEL session conducted by Horse Spirit Connections or one of our graduates.
Horse Spirit Connections is a successful, not for profit corporation located in Southern Ontario, Canada. We focus on personal development, psychotherapy sessions and corporate workshops, all partnering with the horse as the trusted teacher and co-facilitator. Horse Spirit Connections has a successful history of certifying individuals from Canada, the United States and abroad.
We are proud to offer the FEEL Certification programs through the expertise and experience of six dynamic individuals with unique gifts.
Wendy Golding is co-founder of Horse Spirit Connections, an Epona Instructor, Shamanic Practioner/Coach and successful entrepreneur.
Andre Leclipteux is co-founder of Horse Spirit Connections, an Epona trained Co-Facilitator, Shamanic Practioner/Coach and past owner of a Marketing agency.
Victoria Poe, B.Ed., is EAGALA certified, career counselor, former therapeutic riding instructor, and an accomplished Educator and Business consultant.
Kathleen Barry Ingram, MA, is a Tucson-based Life Coach and Counselor, and Co-founder of the Epona Apprenticeship Program with Linda Kohanov.
Jody Raven, is a therapist, trainer and consultant focused on trauma therapy with survivors of childhood abuse and a FEEL Certified Facilitator.
Janis Mirynech is a director of Horse Spirit Connections. Along with her extensive marketing experience she is one of our first graduates of the FEEL Certification program.